Have you ever wondered on how satisfied you can be when you top up your breakfast with a fresh juice in the morning or when you take it for refreshment in a hot afternoon?
Have you considered how convenient it can be making a few cocktail that is citrus-based, right there on your counter top or in your bar, adding them to your set of collections.
Using bare hands for juicing might sound very simple, but in the real sense it’s not funny and can’t also give you best of results, that’s why juicers are the best in helping you to get the desired result at the shortest possible time, thereby giving you a juice that’s free of seeds and pulps.
This article and the list below will give you an insight and best guidelines on getting for yourself the best citrus juicer for your cocktails.
Best Citrus Juicer for Cocktails
- Oxo Good Grips 2-in-1 Citrus Juicer
- Focus Foodservice Commercial Juice Press
- Black + Decker CJ625 Citrus Juicer
1) Oxo Good Grips 2-in-1 Citrus Juicer
The juicer comes as a two-in-one product having two reamers; one large reamer and one small reamer. Been fitted on a five-cup vessel that stores the citrus, the juicer is characterized by a drip-free pour spout coupled with an excellent metric system of measurement.
- It is dishwasher safe and easy to sort out for cleaning.
- Has a measuring cup which can also be flipped by the reamer to make storage easier.
- It features two sizes for small and large citrus.
- Measurement readings could be hard.
2) Focus Foodservice Commercial Juice Press
This juicer machine is designed with enamel that guides its cast iron against corrosion and pitting. It also has a wide base, a removable cone, and a suction cup with feet for adequate stability. The machine is a top grade and well suited to a bar quality standard.
- This juicer is capable of delivering hours of juicing.
- The cast iron and stainless steel design ensures stability during use.
- It’s a great choice for commercial purpose.
- Lifting up and pulling down of the machine lever can get your arms tired.
- It’s quite expensive.
3) Zulay Professional Citrus Juicer
This is a manual juicer that works on the basis of using leverage to squeeze your citrus with ease. It’s characterized by a user-friendly grip kitted with handle that helps you crush your citrus when pulled. It is made with cadmium and lead-free coating coupled with an adjustable cup height.
- It can quickly squeeze plenty citrus with little effort required.
- It’s a great option on bar or counter top.
3..It’s easy to clean, popping out all juicing parts for easy rinsing.
- It’s not a good choice for large citrus.
- It’s not ideal to carry about for use.
4) Black + Decker CJ625 Citrus Juicer
This juicer has a cord wrap with a plastic cover that helps you keeps it safe when not in use. Its pitcher is designed in such a way that the measurements are easy to see so as to know if you will need another citrus or not. Its auto-reversing cone feature helps you get as much juice as possible from the fruits.
- It is dishwasher safe and has removable parts that make its clean up very easy.
- It has amazing auto-reversing cone feature.
- Known for its pulp control feature that allow you choose your ideal pulp level.
- Not capable of use on daily basis for a very long time.
5) Smeg Citrus Juicer
This electric juicer is good for cocktails, and you can find it in different colors like pink, red and green. It is designed with stainless-steel strainer and reamer, aluminum powder coated body, coupled with anti-drip stainless steel spout that make it lasts. It has rubber feet, with its lid and bowl being protected by Triton plastic alongside the strainer.
- It’s a great choice for your bar and counter top; and its easy to clean.
- The Triton cover and built-in strainer features ensure its lid and bowl protection.
- Its built-in sensor when engaged with a little effort, ensures that your juice continue to flow directly into your glass.
- Its reamer is one-sized.
- It’s very expensive.
What Must You Consider Before Buying a Citrus Juicer?
The factors you must consider before purchasing a Juicer include;
Juicing Capacity: You must consider the estimated volume of the juice you want to be making per time before eventually picking your choice.
Storage Capacity: You must as well also consider the storage space available on your bar or counter top before purchasing a Juicer.
Budget: You should also choose your Juicer according to prices that best fits your budget.
Know What You Want: You must from onset know exactly what you want because juicers often come in two types (the electric type and the manual juicer), though the wooden reamers and the heavy lever-type juicers are also available as choices.
Best Citrus Juicer for Cocktails – FAQ
How Can You Make Your Cloudy Citrus Juice Clear?
If your citrus Juice has unclear particles, you can clarify it and make it a classy addition to your cocktails using two ways;
To begin with, measure, add and dissolve 0.33 teaspoon of agar-agar powder for each cup of juice and heat mildly in a saucepan without boiling the juice. The mixture will get coagulated, hence strain it through a cheesecloth.
Secondly, use a coffee filter alongside a strainer and pour your juice, allowing it to sieve through; with the filter trapping the tiny particles to give you a juice that matches alongside the most decorative cocktails.
How Can You Clean Your Citrus Juicer?
When it comes to cleaning, your first reference is your manufacturer’s instructions; but usually, many manual and electric citrus juicers are dishwasher safe.
While heavy lever-type juicers are wiped clean using a damp cloth, wooden reamers can also be washed using hand.
As you consider picking your choice from the above list, you can be sure of your juice being free from additional sugar, as well as preservatives, coupled with the excitement you will get in trying new recipes that requires fresh juice.
Want to make grapefruit juice? Check our article about the best citrus Juicers for Grapefruit here.